The Ache Around the Lake started out as an 8K (4.97 mile) race and now includes a separate, two-mile fun run called “The Ouch.” Ache Around the Lake has become known as one of the ‘biggest little races’ on the Upstate SC and Western NC racing circuit – boasting gorgeous mountain lake views and a challenging course. Local elites, power walkers and weekend racers looking for a PR enjoy this challenging race in the foothills each fall. Because the race is nestled in the foothills and held in September, it often draws people who enjoy a destination race.
More importantly, The Ache benefits local St. Luke’s Hospital Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that raises funds for non-profit St. Luke’s Hospital. St. Luke’s Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited hospital providing primary and acute healthcare services to Polk County, North Carolina and the Upstate of South Carolina.
Since 1991, The Foundation has raised funds for patient room renovations, hospital beds, heart monitors, automated medication dispensing, central registration, emergency room waiting area, adding digital mammography to the radiology department, upgrades to our Center of Behavioral Medicine Unit and the St. Luke’s Hospital Infusion Center.
Race Day Schedule:
- 6:30-7:30am - Registration (Registration PROMPTLY closes at 7:30am. No exceptions.)
- 8:00am - Both races begin
- 9:15am - Awards
- 10:00am - Course closes
Other Race Information: Packet pick-up and registration will be in the parking lot across from the Lake Lanier entrance on Hwy 176. The race begins on Butter Street. The finish line for both races is at 335 Lanier Drive. Parking is prohibited in this area.
- Pre-registration - $25 (post-marked or submitted online by 11:59pm on 9/16/2019)
- Family Rate - $20 (Minimum of three people registering at once. Great for large families, groups of friends, or businesses. Choose the "Family Rate" pricing option for this.)
- Sleep-In Registration - $25 (Want to be a part of the cause even if an 8K is not for you or if you just can't make it that day? Register as a "Sleep-In" participant! You can sleep in AND get a t-shirt mailed to you for the registration cost.)
- Race Day Registration - $30
- Top 3 Overall & Masters
- 1st Place Awards for Age Groups
- Top Dog Award
We're sorry. Either an error occurred or the event(s) you were attempting to register for may no longer be open for registration.